Tuesday 21 April 2015

What Stuck With Us Today? - Wild Bird Care Centre Tuesday, April 21st, 2015

What's your name?What stuck with you today?Anything else you'd like your class to know?
indiToday I learned that the Chickadee makes its nest out of some moss and mostly hair, like dog hair. For example a skunk is walking around looking for baby birds to eat, and then it smells the dog hair and then it goes away. Something else that I learned was the Omnivore, Herbivore, Carnivore game, where each had a certain amount of lives (Omnivore - 2 lives, Herbivore 3, Carnivore 1), and there was food, water stations to go to. We also saw a big fat squirrel. I learned about the American Kestrel, its name was Indigo, and the nickname was Indi, which I thought was pretty cool. I also learned the American Bittern makes itself really small and then it waits until its prey comes close then it pokes at it. This field trip was the best one yet!
@Bzortking aka RRRaphiewhat stuck with me today is when we went to the wild bird care can centre and i got 10,11 or 12 birds that landed on my hand and I learned

-that I bird got shot in the wing and its bullet is still in the wing
-that turkey vultures when the feel threaten the puke all around them self
-Therese a bird named indigo who like to eat liver YUK!!!
alialot of birds eat liver. birds wings are very light and they make a very good fan, the game we played was predator and prey with different pinnies and it was awesome.
@fatcat613 aka:Oy Here are three things I learned at the wild bird care center
-That a bullet hit a Turkey Vulture and the bullet is still there and it will never be released into the wild.
-The center takes about 2000 birds a year and 600 in just the month of June.
-The center only can take about 350 birds at a time and it takes 2000 a year! wow!!!
-There is this bird named Indigo that is a falcon that likes to eat liver YUCK!!!
LilahWe went to the wild bred center i never none that ther is souch thin as a trcky valchr i learnd that thay are grose thay eat livrs
Rowanwhat stuck with me today was going to the wild bird care center.
I learned:
-that at the wild bird they have a bird named Indigo and his nickname is Indi
-their turkey vulture can't visit classrooms because if he sees a big crowd and gets frightened, he will barf his food and when the people are gone, he will eat his barf again!
-I learned that sometimes the birds aren't hungry anymore, because they get lots of food, so Patti said if you put out materials for them to make houses - like your cat or dog's hair, they'll use it to make nests. Cause the predators, like raccoons, dogs and skunks won't want to go there cause it smells like dogs and they're scared of them
GracieWhat stuck with me is today i went to the wild care centre and i learned these there things.

-There is only one bird hospital in ottawa.
-Chickadees nest they make them out of dog hair to scare away animes.
-These type of turkeys they barf in front of them to protect them.
Sophie 2015 1.I learned that on a x-ray a blat is really white and bright.
2.that birds wings can be big or small they are still light.
3.chipmunks can come really close if you give some seeds and stay still.
Pika 20153 Things I Learned At The Bird Center Was:They Take Care Of Birds There,I Learned About Bird Wings,And How A Bird Got Shot By A Person. That Is Three Things I Learned At The Wild Bird Center. NOOO!!!
Espion 2015 (Mariko)I learned that turkey vultures are pretty disgusting. I learned that when you get close to the turkey vulture it will throw up. When a turkey vulture throws up it smells worse than my fishes fart, my dad's fart, my mom's fart and my other fishes fart all mixed togetherno
ikeWhat stuck with me today was when we went of the field trip to the wild bird care centre. I learned that squirrels really like sunflowers seeds and I thought they just liked types of nuts. I also learned that the falcon that was named Indigo, I learned that they like pork liver, I thought they just ate birds. I also learned that in wings it's not only feathers it's also some bones. Some bones in the wing are like some of the bones in our arm. they are hollow.
shaneI learned the falcon can only see a bit. I learned if a bird is hurt you cover the bird in a towel. I learned that turkey vouchers eat dead animals
Tim the magnificentwhat stuck with me today is the field trip I had today
Ava CatHere are three Facts for the bird centre
1)The tiniest bird is a humming bird
2)turkey vultures throw up their food when they are scared
3)chickadees make their nests out of dogs fur so no one will attack there eggs or babies.
J a m e sFACTS
-I learned that birds can be endangered a lot. I learned it by going to the bird centre today. I had a lot of fun.
- I saw a hawk that was flying when we were playing the predator and prey game.
-I saw a great horned owl and we went in the bird centre and saw a lot of different birds. We saw a falcon that was named Indigo. I fed some chickadees at the end and at the last, last part I saw a chipmunk with an enormous nut in his mouth. I tried to feed him but he ran away. He was on a stump and his hole was right behind the stump. I looked behind the stump there were 7 holes right behind it, so I put a lot of seeds right beside the holes for him but I never saw him come out.
Twanetta * Here are 3 FACTS from the Bird Center:
1) Birds have babies at one time in the year
2) Some birds throw up there food and eat it up again (When there scared)
3) Some birds use dog or cat hair

DONE!!!

Katie the ladyWe went to the wild bird care center and there was a really gross bird named Violet and to protect herself she would vomit in front of her and when her predator goes away then she eats it up again.Also when she gets hot she pees on her own legs.She eats dead animals and cannot fly because somebody shot a bullet in her shoulder.We saw a bird named indigo eat and when he was full but there was still food left he hid it in his cage! There were to groups and we did stuff together in those groups.I was in the loon group and Natasha taught me how to make a loon sound with my mouth.
TOMMY BOMMYI went to the bird care center. I went and fed a lot of Chickadees. One Chickadee went on my hand and took a piece of dried corn. We went to inside the care centre. That is where all the injured birds go. We played a game called PRedator and Prey. It is where there are omnivores, carnivores, and herbivores. Herbivores can turn into natural disasters. Carnivores can take out herbivores and omnivores, but not natural disasters. Natural disasters can take out anything. But they have to throw balls to take out people. And they were trying to catch anybody but it is hard to catch the carnivores because the carnivores are always running around trying to catch the herbivores and omnivores. It was really fun!
TOMMY BOMMYI went to the bird care center. I went and fed a lot of Chickadees. One Chickadee went on my hand and took a piece of dried corn. We went to inside the care centre. That is where all the injured birds go. We played a game called PRedator and Prey. It is where there are omnivores, carnivores, and herbivores. Herbivores can turn into natural disasters. Carnivores can take out herbivores and omnivores, but not natural disasters. Natural disasters can take out anything. But they have to throw balls to take out people. And they were trying to catch anybody but it is hard to catch the carnivores because the carnivores are always running around trying to catch the herbivores and omnivores.
Ava Bunny1. We went to the BEST PLACE EVER - the Wild Bird Museum
2. I saw a raven, it was so fun!
3. It was cool when the bird was eating, swallowing the liver whole.
Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment